Everyone wants to lose weight overnight. More than one third of people in the world are obese and overweight. Only 30% are healthy. But the problem is, no one wants to go to the gym everyday and eat salad or other low fat products. 90% of the people do not succeed when it comes to losing weight.
But raspberry ketones can help you lose weight and you do not have to go to the gym or control your diet too.
Yes, that’s right, you can lose weight with raspberry ketone supplements by melting your fat. Even if you are consuming a high in fat diet, you can still prevent yourself from gaining weight by taking raspberry ketones.
Is it really possible? But how? Are there any side-effects?
What are Raspberry ketones?
Raspberry ketones are the chemical compound which give the distinctive aroma and flavour to the raspberries. They are naturally occurring chemicals which can be used in cosmetics and food items to add fragrance as well as flavour.
These ketones are not necessarily found in raspberries. They can be extracted from cranberries and blackberries too. They yield about 1-5 milligram per kg of the fruit.
These raspberry ketones burn fat and help people in losing weight. Fat is present inside our cells. These ketones act on the fat molecules inside our cells causing them to break down into simpler substances which are easy to metabolize. Thus helping a consumer by decreasing his or her weight.
These compounds act as a stimulus for our glands to produce a hormone called adiponectin. This hormone regulates levels of metabolism in our body by maintaining levels of energy.
According to research, it is proven that taking 180 – 200 mg of raspberry ketones along with a large amount of vitamin C (from 1000 – 1200 mg) per day made people lose their weight to a significant quantity.
Studies showed that raspberry ketones have a very similar structure as compared to compounds which increase metabolism rate of our body thus helping to burn fat more effectively.
These ketones are observed to do this in two ways
- Breaking down fat present inside the cells. This is done by making cells more receptive to norepinephrine – the hormone that burns fat.
- By stimulating the release of adiponectin hormone which increases the rate of metabolism in our body.
Thus, raspberry ketones increase the burning of fat in our body making ourselves slimmer and healthy.
Other benefits of Raspberry ketones
Along with helping in losing weight, raspberry ketones have other benefits too.
- Raspberry ketones have proven benefits for people suffering from liver diseases. Research suggests that people who eat raspberries more often are less likely to suffer from serious nonalcoholic fatty liver diseases.
- Chronic inflammation can be reduced by eating raspberries.
- People who eat raspberries on a daily basis have less chances of getting diabetes and other heart diseases.
- Arthritis which is more common in women can be prevented by eating raspberries.
- Dementia is a very complex mental disease that occurs due to inflammation. As raspberries have compounds that decrease inflammation, they are considered useful in the treatment of people suffering from dementia.
Other uses of Raspberry ketones
Raspberry ketones are one of the most expensive naturally occurring chemicals utilised for flavour and scent in the food business. The cost of these compounds might range from $18,000 to $20,000 per kilogramme.
Raspberry ketones, on the other hand, are synthesized in labs and are significantly less expensive than natural substances. They are called synthetic raspberry ketones.
Due to a lack of clinical studies, the long-term safety of raspberry ketone use is uncertain. There are some concerns regarding its safety because it is chemically comparable to the stimulant synephrine. Cardiotoxic effects, as well as impacts on reproduction and development, are indicated by pharmacological models. Furthermore, many raspberry ketones-containing nutritional supplements also include potentially hazardous chemicals like caffeine.
In cosmetics and personal care products, raspberry ketones are generally believed to be safe. However, no one knows how raspberry ketone supplements will affect your general health in the short or long run. There hasn’t been any research done to see if any potential adverse effects exist. There has also been no research on drug or dietary interactions that have been suspected.
You Can Also Read : 7 Spices That Boost Metabolism