Thanks to allicin, garlic can cure skin allergies and acne, while preventing the appearance of wrinkles and reducing excess fat.
Today, most women buy many cosmetics in order to prevent and reduce the signs of age.
Environmental pollution, UV sunlight, unbalanced diet and other factors affect premature aging of the skin, hence the interest of providing complementary care.
Today, there are hundreds of cosmetics out there in the market that claim to preserve a youthful skin without imperfections. Yet, many of them contain aggressive chemicals that can affect the skin in the long term.
Be aware that there are very economical natural alternatives, which offer good results without causing any side effects.
Among them is garlic, an excellent ingredient known for its nutrients and good properties.
Why is garlic good for rejuvenating the face?
Garlic is one of the best known and used ingredient in the kitchen. It has been used for medicinal purposes, but few people know its benefits for beauty.
Garlic is rich in antioxidants and an active compound known as allicin.
Garlic is also a natural source of vitamins, minerals. Its healing agents reinforce the elimination of imperfections and provide a protective layer against the damage that is the cause of early wrinkles.
Thanks to its anti-bacterial effects, the garlic makes it possible to fight against skin disorders such as acne and blackheads. In addition, it facilitates the elimination of dead cells, clears the skin naturally and fights the spots.
Garlic is an ingredient that:
- Fight against dermatitis
- Treats cases of herpes, ulcers and eczema
- Eliminates pimples and blackheads
- Contains agents that prevent skin cancer
- Helps to hydrate dry skin
- Stimulates blood circulation so nutrients and oxygen reach the skin cells
- Treats mycoses
- Prevents scarring
- Rejuvenates and prevents premature wrinkles
- The rejuvenating mask with garlic
This rejuvenating mask with garlic is recommended for people who have mixed or oily skin.
Its properties help to regulate the natural pH and reduce excess fat production for a cleaner and firmer skin.
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 spoonfuls of white clay (10 g)
- 2 spoonfuls of bee honey (50 g)
- Crush the clove of garlic and mix it with a spoonful of white clay and honey. Moisten, if necessary, to obtain a thick paste.
- Tie your hair so it does not stain and apply a thin layer of the mixture until you have covered the entire face.
- Leave for 10 to 20 minutes, and rinse with cold water.
- Repeat 2 or 3 times a week.
Garlic mask to lighten brown spots and reduce wrinkles
When garlic is associated with lemon it stimulates its effects to lighten the spots and reduce wrinkles. This mask acts as a natural exfoliant but also offers rejuvenating effects.
- ½ lemon
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 piece of cotton
- Crush the garlic clove until a thick paste is formed.
- Squeeze the juice of the half lemon and mix it with the garlic.
- Add a little water and apply the product over the entire face with a piece of cotton.
- Use it 3 times or more per week for good results.
Warning ! This mask should only be applied in the evening because during the day it can cause the opposite effect due to exposure to the sun.
Warning! Do not use if you have a sensitive skin, do test the mixture on your neck before applying it.
Do not forget to use sunscreen the next day.
Garlic and olive oil mask for a younger skin
The combination of garlic and olive oil is ideal for this moisturizing mask, suitable for people who suffer from dryness, dermatitis or scars on the face.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 spoonful of olive oil (4 g)
- Crush the two cloves of garlic until a paste is obtained and add the olive oil.
- Clean the facial skin well and spread out the mask, paying attention to the area around the eyes.
- Leave on for 10 minutes and rinse.
- You can use it 3 to 5 times a week
- Garlic is an excellent ingredient to combat disorders that affect the beauty of the skin. Try it, and let us know !
You can also see What happens if you put garlic under your pillow?