What causes the double chin
According to a probing by the American Society of Dermatological Surgery (ASDS), 68% of respondents said that a double chin is just as disturbing as wrinkles around the eyes.
Disgraceful, and sometimes source of complex,double chin can affect both men and women of all ages. It’s characterized by a mass of fat located behind the chin. This fatty cluster under the skin may be superficial, or deeper behind the platysma muscle.
Whether superficial or pronounced, double chin has the faculty of aging the face, and tiring the expressions. There are four main causes of double chin: genetics, weight gain, skin aging, or bone marrow failure. These causes may or may not be associated.
In addition, muscles that are not exercised frequently lose their elasticity, especially the platysma, the muscle that descends from your jaw along your neck. In addition, lose a huge amount of weight can stretch the skin around the neck area (there are natural ways to tighten the skin after a weight loss).
Exercise to remove a double chin
Daily exercises on double chin help to tighten it, tighten and rebuild the muscle platysma as well as other muscles that surround it. After practicing these exercises for some time, these muscles will rebuild, and you will need less time to maintain them, it’s so easier to maintain a muscle than to rebuild it.
Here are some exercises that will help you get rid of your double chin. Remember that it will be necessary to do them regularly for the best results:
Open your mouth – An effective exercise is to open your mouth as wide as possible and pull the tongue as far as you can, trying to touch your chin with your tongue. Hold for 10 seconds and repeat 10 times. When you do this exercise, you will feel that your chin and neck muscles are tightening.
Head in the air – lying on a bed or sofa, with the head hanging over the edge. Lift the chin towards your chest. Hold the contraction counting up to 10, then let your head go down slowly. Repeat 10 times, then relax.
Chin Elevation – This exercise helps reinforce and tight the muscles of your face and neck. Standing, back and neck straight. Lift your chin towards the ceiling and pinch the lips like an exaggerated kisses and hold counting up to 10. Repeat 10 times.
Roll your head – Stand upright, the spine straight. Turn your head to the side so that your chin is parallel to your shoulder. Turn your eyes as far as possible to this side. Roll your head slowly downward, then upward the other side. Repeat 10 times.
Exercise of the Platysma – This exercise proceed on the muscle that descends from your jaw and along the neck, called platysma. Stand with your neck tight. Tighten the tendons of your jaw by uncovering your teeth and turning the corners of your mouth downward, as if you were frowning. Hold for 10 seconds, then relax. Repeat the exercise 10 times.
The tennis ball – Place a tennis ball against your throat and hold it there with your chin. Squeeze the ball with your chin and then release it slightly. Repeat the exercise 10 times.
Natural products to remove a double chin
Although there are surgeries that can remove of a double chin, they can be highly-priced. There are a lot of simple home treatment options to remove a double chin that are cheap and painless.
Using cocoa butter regularly will enhance the elasticity of your skin and help to remove a double chin.
- Lightly warm a few tablespoons of cocoa butter in the microwave
- Massage the cocoa butter gently into your neck and chin for a few minutes
- Repeat the 2 instructions below twice a day , before taking a bath in the morning and every night before going to bed
Wheat germ oil
Periodically massage your neck with wheat germ oil will be an effective way to remove a double chin.
- Before going to sleep spread some wheat germ oil around the chin area
- Gently massage upwards from the bottom of the neck to the chin for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Leave the oil on your skin overnight.
- Do this regularly Until there is a visible improvement in the appearance of your doube chin
An egg white mask can be very helpful to remove a double chin cause it has a skin tightening effect
- Mix two egg whites, one tablespoon of milk, honey and lemon juice
- Add a few drops of peppermint essential oil
- Apply this mask to the skin around your chin and neck area
- Leave it on for 30 minutes
- Rinse it off with warm water and dry your skin
- Repeat once a day for quick results
- Mix one tablespoon of glycerin, one-half tablespoon of Epsom salt and a few drops of peppermint oil to make a mask
- Apply the mask on the neck and chin area using a cotton pad
- Leave it for several minutes so that it is absorbed through the skin
- Clean the area deeply with cool water
- Do it three to five times a week for better results