Dilated pores can appear due to oily skin, and they unfortunately have the ability to expand over the years. There are several treatments to combat them, but natural remedies, in addition to being cheaper than conventional treatments, are often much more effective!
These natural treatments help cleanse the skin and eliminate dilated and clogged pores, as well as blackheads and pigmentation. We advise you to use it often over time to keep skin healthy!
Causes of dilated pores
The pores visible on the skin and present most often on the face are the external end of the internal glands, producing sebum. The action of these glands varies according to sex, genetic factors and age, but also depending on the use of a method of contraception or estrogen in some people.
The main cause of dilated pores is oily skin! Indeed, the pores normally are filled with sebum and these pores open up, because they are filled with impurities and dead cells. The size of the sebaceous glands then increases, which also increases the percentage of fat. This sebum brings to the skin a certain acidity and allows to hydrate it. On the other hand, the dead cells and sweat produced create an acidic layer to prevent certain infections caused by bacteria, viruses .
But the problem is when the amount of sebum is too large and the pores dilate. The skin shines and becomes greasy. Affected people also tend to develop acne, which is formed because of the sebaceous glands. The size of the dilated pores depends on the area concerned and the concentration of sebum on the skin. In most cases, the nose and areas in the center of the face are most affected.
Natural treatments for dilated pores
There are several natural remedies that can get rid of dilated pores.
- Sometimes one tablespoon of mayonnaise is enough!
Only a tablespoon of mayonnaise applied on the face is sufficient. Leave the vinegar and mayonnaise on the face for 20 minutes, it will help tighten your pores and firming the skin. But do not use this remedy if you have very oily skin!
- An ancient remedy: Half and half
In addition to being an ancient remedy used to rinse the skin, half and half helps in decreasing the size of dilated pores. You just have to cleanse your face every night and then pass a soft cotton soaked with half and half on the skin. Leave on for 20 minutes, then rinse with cold water.
- Honey, lemon, apple and yogurt mask
You mix one tablespoon yoghurt with one grated apple, then add a tablespoon of honey and lemon. The mixture should be homogeneous to be applied to the face. Leave on for 15 to 20 minutes. This preparation softens the skin and is ideal to be applied before going to bed.
- The almond mask
Crush a 1/3 cup of almonds to obtain a powder. Then gradually add water to get a paste. Apply it on the face, starting with the nose and then the areas with dilated pores. Leave on for half an hour, then rinse with lukewarm water. This treatment should be performed at least twice a week.
- The clay mask
This mask should be applied once a week, and you should prepare it one day before. In this way, the clay will be able to better absorb the impurities and the sebum of the pores, while absorbing the excess of fat. This mask also reduces the size of the dilated pores by purifying them.
Other solutions exist!
- Exfoliation: this technique helps removing the dilated pores. The glycolic acid of the exfoliants allow to soften the upper layer of the epidermis. The pores can be purified and their size decreases.
If the skin is very sensitive or has acne, it is recommended to use exfoliating enzymes where we find alpha-hydroxylated acids (AHA). Otherwise, the skin may be damaged and bacteria may attack it.
You can also use exfoliants that contain retinol for a better production of cells that will allow an inside cleaning. But beware: you can not use this product if you are pregnant.
- Moisturize and clean the epidermis: to get rid of the dilated pores, you can use a skin cleanser that will not damage it. Avoid products that could dehydrate it, because the pores will then be more present and visible. Also avoid too much exposure to the sun and do not smoke!
- Daily care: treatments for dilated pores must not contain alcohol. Use a cream under the make-up: it must contain salicylic acid and agents that matify the skin to absorb the sebum. You will be able to obtain a softer skin and a better complexion!
- Microdermabrasion: is a technique of exfoliation a little extreme of the skin for those who suffer continuously of dilated pores. In this way, the skin softens, the dilated pores fade, and the wrinkles disappear.
- Laser: Laser treatments should always be considered as the last solution because they are very expensive. Nevertheless, the effects of the laser last longer. This technique is used in medical spas and private clinics. It is a ray that is directed directly to the skin and that eliminates dilated pores and imperfections.